Location: N36 18.123 W 082 17.728. TN 67 Roadside acrros street from Milligan College.
Buffalo Creek Christian Church organized here in 1830. In 1867 Buffalo Male & Female Institute was established by Rev. W.G. Barker on land given by Joshua Williams. Josephus Hopgood of Ky. Purchased it in 1875, naming it Miligan College in 1882, for Robert milligan, of Transylvania College, Ky.